When you see a man selling handkerchiefs and still sweating profusely in traffic, it tells you that possession is not the same as ownership! Your life belongs to God; you are only having it but you don’t own it. So, be careful what you do with your life before the owner asks for it.
The last wishes of Alexander the Great………
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin …
2. The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery …
3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see !!
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain .
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say :
1. “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death , even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal ..”
2. “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth , will stay on earth..”
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is : TIME.
We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never take back . Our time is our life !.
The best present that you can give to your family is your time and to God is your life..